We invite you to join the United Way of Monroe/Lenawee Counties’ 21-Day Equity Challenge
The recent release of the ALICE and Black Households Data clearly illustrates the inequities that are deeply rooted in our national, state, and local systems and institutions. Over the 21-Day Challenge, you will take a self-guided learning journey that examines the history and impacts of racism and how it shapes people’s lived experience in Monroe and Lenawee Counties.
The Challenge is simple: you (along with your friends, family, and neighbors in Monroe and/or Lenawee County) commit to deepening your understanding of, and willingness to confront racism for twenty-one consecutive days. The Challenge will raise your awareness, change your understanding, and shift the way you behave.
This Challenge was originally developed by Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr., Dr. Marguerite Penick-Parks and Debby Irving and has been adapted by Food Solutions New England. The Michigan Association of United Ways has committed to adapt the challenge with the support of leaders across our Michigan United Way network. A special thank you to the United Way of Washtenaw County for their leadership and guidance.
The Challenge begins on February 1st and runs through February 21st. Register below to begin receiving daily prompts on Monday, February 1st.
Pease contact Laura Schultz Pipis at email@example.com if you have any questions about the 21-Day Challenge.
- You (along with your friends, family, and neighbors in Monroe and/or Lenawee Counties) commit to deepening your understanding of, and willingness to confront, racism for twenty-one consecutive days from Monday, February 1st –Sunday, February 21st.
- During every morning of the Challenge, you'll receive an email "prompt" with readings, videos and/or podcasts. You are encouraged to take about ten to fifteen minutes each day with the material in the prompt.
- NOTE: Check your spam folder if you do not see the 21-Day Challenge prompts in your inbox.
- Explore this work on your own, with friends and family, or organization-wide. If you like a discussion guide contact Laura Schultz Pipis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capture your daily reflections and actions using our activity log.
- Share your reflections and “a ha” moments using the hashtags #miuwequitychallenge. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!